How to prepare for the procedure
- Do not shave the leg for 24 hours before the procedure
- Wear loose clothes and shoes. You will have thick compression bandages on your legs and feet after the procedure
- Get someone to drive you home
- Speak to your doctor about taking your medications on the morning of the procedure
- You should try and avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs for a couple of days before the procedure. These include Vitamin E and Fish Oil.
- Your doctor would have discussed your choice of sedation with you and will would have informed you when you can and cannot consume any liquids or food. If you are unsure, call us and we will advise you.